Saturday, February 16, 2013

PARA THRILLA IN MANILA PART 2!!!

Remember my Bucket List?

If not (yeah you probably don't even know what I'm talking about), then one of the things pretty high up in my bucket list is to attend a concert featuring international artists. Because I've been to some pretty freaking sensational bands, but they're local. Not that there's anything wrong with that - IN FACT, THEY'RE OUTRAGEOUSLY OUTSTANDING - 

Ely Buendia anyone? 



Also, Sandwich is pretty A-MA-ZING! I've seen the mentioned people/band and they are a thousand times better when they're performing live! Of course, everything is better live. If the artists we're talking about is actually good and doesn't fake singing/lip syncing. Anyway Sandwich is really really hyper when they perform on stage so the money you spent to see/hear them live is really really worth it. 

But it's always a dream of mine to see a foreign band live. 

And yesterday, February 15, 2013, I got my wish. And I get to tick the box on the part where I said I want to attend concerts of international bands/singers. 

The fact that it was Paramore made it extra special. 



I think I first heard them when I was in first year high school. I'm now in first year college. They went to Manila when I was in high school, roughly two years since they've been here, and I never got the chance to buy tickets. My parents wouldn't allow me and besides, I've only just discovered them. 

But when one of my best friends who love Paramore with every fibre of her being, told me that Paramore was coming back, I knew I had to see them. So I bought tickets with her. And I patiently waited for Feb. 15. 

They were going to release a fourth album and their new single "Now" was already out so I was looking forward to belting out their new song with them. 



I was absent for my Math class - screw that! - but I didn't care. I knew it was going to be a night to remember.

And I was right! <3

Their front act was Mewithoutyou. I haven't heard the band before but they played really well and their vocalist was so full of energy, they got the audience pumped up - well, more so than we already were! 

Finally, finally! Hayley, Taylor and Jeremy waltzed up the stage and the crowd was screaming, hyperventilating and pouring their hearts out for the phenomenal band. Hayley was so gorgeous, her hair now flaming red and so long, and she was so just gorgeous I felt like I was going to die. 


*Give credit where it is due. Credits to Zaine Barron for ze photot! 

After the show, I felt like a zombie. It was surreal to see them and seeing them leave made me feel like there's a hollow in my chest. I am not even kidding. 


So, here's the arena afterwards; filled with baffled people all over. 



 And this is me (right one with the purple sleeveless tee) with my Paramore-crazed friend, Milan. 



 We're both looking forward - as all the people who attended the concert and those who couldn't but wanted to as well - to their third visit to Manila. 

I always feel infinite in concerts. And last night, last night I felt like I could live forever. 
Last night, I felt as if two to three years from now, if I look back in this special time, I would still see myself, leaning over the railing, without a care in the world but for the very special band right before my eyes, screaming their lyrics with all my heart, grinning like a fool with my hair messy as always as I head bang with the rest of the crowd. 

Paramore, you are ethereal. 

xx 





No comments:

Post a Comment